lördag 15 januari 2011

So Laos for our part is coming to and end soon! Tomorrow we step on an exquisitely long journey taking us to the capital of misbehave....Bangkok =)
But still a little on Laos then. We did the 4000 islands and it was great and relaxed as stated before. Then it was of to Pakse which isn't at all special, more like a small french colonial (again the french) city in southern Laos. Nick stayed in Don det.
I had a great time during my 2 days. I hired a motorbike and roamed the Bolauven Plateau by myself in the search for the perfect cup of coffee! See the Bolauven plateau is a huge mountanious area with tons of coffee plantations, jungle and waterfalls! I went on the bike for what seemed like an eternity on a road I didn't know where it led. Well it led me first to a waterfall which was just beautiful!! I mean 200m falling down from the mountains in to the ravine and just sitting there next to it and sipping fresh coffee from a cliff side cafe...oh wow!!

Then it took me even further on this never ending road on my motorbike, I mean I even got to the next country district until I finally found what I was looking for, the Sinoukh coffee plantation, one of the bigger ones. It laid on a beautiful ground with a resort attached to it and some of the most impressive gardens yet I've seen in Laos! Well more coffee there for me of course! Then I realized, darn I need to get back cause my nus is leaving in a few hours and I am 100km away from Pakse!! I drove on about 90km on a 50km road all the way back just jetting through the traffic =)

Well I got back in time to meet up with Nick and the night bus!

Next day we arrived in Vientiane....most boring capital yet in the chapter of our travels. It took us a good 2 h to find a hotel that wasn't A. full or B. trying to extortionate us on the prices! We quickly decided this town wasn't big enough for the both of us and got the heck out of there the next day! I mean Vientiane is quite a clean and friendly city.....just not exciting in any way!

And now we have been residing in Vang Vieng for the past 3 days. It is a small city or town you might call it, surrounded by mountains and the mekong river! We have just chilled and taken it slow! Rock climbing we did as well and this was an awesome experience, hanging 20m up on cliffs above water at times and trying to push on with that last bit of energy to get to the top! Definetely something I will continue on in Thailand!

And now tomorrow it is off to Thailand! Yes the hedonistic capital of Bangkok awaits, where there will be party for a few days and shopping before jetting off to what I have been looking for, for weeks an island with a beach and a bungalow next to it and just laying there for  a week!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar