lördag 4 december 2010

Do you ride the kite or does it ride you?

OH FUCK! what did I get into. so today I tried Kitesurfing and it is scary as fuck. Well technically I haven't been in the ocean yet but today I've expierenced the power of the kite. It started off early this morning where I met my trainer (Ralph) and an englishman named Adam. Since we were both starting at the same time and the beginning doesn't require one on one. we were partnered up. Ralph gave us the basics and let us try a small kite to test things out. after 5 minutes of flying and 1 1/2 hour boring safety lessons (which by the way are very important) the wind died down.

Weee!
We resumed  in the afternoon and Ralph thought that we were ready for the big kite. We only had it at half-length and man was it powerful. Adam and me were scared of flying that thing on the beach as again we only had a 5 minute hands on course with the other kite and this on dragged us litterly 6 meters(half strenght) if we pulled it a little to hard. We managed not to kill anyone luckily but unfortunatly the wind died. Bummer. Will see how it works out tomorrow.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar