söndag 26 december 2010

Indiana James and raiders of the public transport

So my dear folks I hope you all have had a merry old jolly Xmas with lots of ridiculously, meaningless presents! Christmas on my behalf was done Indiana Jones style trekking through ancient temples covered in green jungle! Who needs presents when you can have sunstroke and monkeys chasing you!!!
Ok I got so lost in time and place mountainbiking the temples I did the white boy, beginners mistake and forgot A. my cap at the hotel and B. had to prove myself right by taking the Grand circuit. See it was 20km of jungle biking excl the 10km to and from the temples also and having 35degrees Celsius didn't exactly help!
somewhere along the Ta prohm temples I lost my thighs and ass from the bumpy road and mistook slight headache for just headache when I was having a sunstroke!

Ah well, recovery came quickly through my new made acquaintances from  Australia along with the Happy hour Margaritas and Pizza!!! You really can't say no to 3$ margaritas or fresh mango daiquiris especially as it is buy 1 get 1 free =) And forget 4cl alcohol rules, you really get 2 drinks in one glass!
we found a local gay bar of the pub street with live dragshow which was quite entertaining to say the least...you really have to look hard for worse lip sync then theirs! Hitting the dance floor as no one else did we got to be center of attention and probably the only ones really having fun!!

It's a bit funny how much cultures can differ from home. For instance Christmas is celebrated somewhat here but on the 25th. Presents aren't exactly center here as back home, had a good laugh along with a guy who explained how he bought tooth paste for his friend as present (1$) and then explaining how we (white western people) slash our cards and buy playstations and tv's......he did not understand at all why. come to think of it neither can....it's the thought that counts still yes...? Well I treated myself to some presents eeing no one else would this year, went to the night market and got some cool Hillfiger pike's, fake designer watch and some other cheap nick nacks for like 15$ all together! Gotta love that shopping! Another nice culture difference is the mentality of the people here....yes they will lure you in to their restaurant to eat as you walk by, but it's not to trick you but the show you they are proud of they're food and want you to taste it. And they are ever so eager to talk to you, every other time you may have an hour long discussion with either the staff or some from a nearby table and it always feels genuine. They will help you with travel tips or sights in the vicinity or whatever. It's just refreshing coming from sealed Sweden =)

I'm posting a fabulous map of my adventures, I did the artwork isn't is stunning!!!!!!!!
Indiana James adventures!!

1 kommentar:

  1. Hej på er !!
    Jag hoppas att allt är bra med er, skulle ni kunna tänka skriva mindre och ha mer bilder .....ett förslag bara.annars allt verkar bra och billigt i asian.kramar och god jul, gott nytt år, glad påsk .....jean-Marie

    SvaraRadera