måndag 22 november 2010

Heres a frenchy, theres a Frenchy, everywhere a Frenchy

Well last time on our big voyage, we traveled from konming to hekou. What a trip! It was a 7 hour bus ride through the big mountains and the view was fantastic. To keep us entertained our bus driver would start some hiliri-bad movies for us to watch. Then we took a stop for lunch and was served a bowl of noodles with chicken. I was the lucky one and got the chicken head in my bowl. Awesome! Didn't know how to eat it so I just left it in the bowl.

In Hekou we walked to the border and made our way into Loa Cai (border town of Vietnam). We were there for a short time and took a train direct to Hanoi.

Hanoi is busy. Not as big as the Chinese cities which we've been in but a lot of motorcycles everywhere. When we arrived we had no0 idea where to go. The only info on the city was a pamphlet for the drift. A hostel in the middle of Hanoi. Problem we had no idea where it was or where we were. Eventually we found it and checked in. And I think I found a like-minded receptionist. Her job was to make sure we had a horrible time (in a good way, think me). After settling down we looked up different ways to get to Ha long bay. We ended up deciding to take a three day tour. Reason being we have been thinking too much these past few days and with this tour you don't have to think much.

Ha Long / Cat ba islands was amazing. The views were outstanding, unfortunatly not so much night life. But it was all good. We stayed extended our stay and had one day just motorcycling through the island and finally hitting the beaches. Apparently though we found out that Vietnam is where all the French spend their vacation. Everywhere we went it was just tons of french people. I got to practice my french and impress everyone with my knowledge of the french culture (Joe Dassin). I don't think anyone was impressed but they laughed (at me or with me I don't know which) at least.

Now we arrived back at Hanoi and tommorrow head to Hue/Hoi An. Apparently good beaches and some surfing. We can only hope!

Vietnamese of the day:
Come on (phonetically) = Thank you
boom boom = massage
kong = no

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar